My brief dating relationship with David, which I mentioned in recent blog posts, has come to an end. He has grown very fond of another woman.
One thing I appreciated enormously was that David came to Nanaimo to tell me this in person. As a matter of fact, we had a very pleasant visit. He gave me a ride to Costco so that I could buy shelving units for my apartment, and he kindly assembled them for me. We went out for a nice dinner and a walk along the harbour. When we parted, we wished each other all the best for the future.
Another thing that I was very glad about was that I did not feel that I was less than. I had no sense at all of being in a competition. I was very gratified in the growth that had taken place in me. If this situation had arisen even a few months previously, it would have been a different story.
I have re-activated my profile on the matching making website. However, I think I'll probably take things more slowly this time around. I've now tried the quick route. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt. I don't feel a need to collect a pile of T-shirts. :-)
-
No comments:
Post a Comment