Friday, October 23, 2009

Clear and Sunny

Back in my Phase 1 days, when I believed the world was under assault from dark forces, I struggled to find what Buddhists called Right Livelihood. By that I meant an ethical income-earning pursuit.

More recently, I've thrown caution to the winds. I've simply ignored the issue of livelihood altogether. I've pursued my passion, which has been the establishment of a cohousing community. It's been an exceptionally rewarding experience, except for the fact it hasn't made me a dime and, indeed, has been a financial drain.

In the midst of this, I've been participating in a six-week course called the Advancement of Excellence (AOE). Rather than choosing my dodgy financial position as my area of focus for the AOE, I decided to focus on the creation of an intimate relationship. That had been a deficiency that had bothered me even more than my wobbly finances.

My friend, Chad, who has been through the AOE a couple of times, told me that AOE participants often experienced progress in multiple areas of their lives even as they focused on a single area.

That seems to have been happening for me. For example, I have made some fascinating discoveries about my physical health, and have received useful advice and inspiration from a couple of wonderful alternative health practitioners.

Then, out of the blue, one of my fellow AOE participants whom I like and respect has invited me to participate in what seems to be an ideal income earning opportunity. It seems to be a situation in which I would earn a good income while providing clients with a beneficial (indeed, life-changing) service that, at the same time, was ethical.

I feel it's too early to share the details with you. I'll test drive it for a while before I report back.

On top of that, notwithstanding my resolve to pursue an intimate relationship at a relaxed pace, that quest seems to be moving in a promising direction too.

To use one of Robert Scheinfeld's favourite analogies, it sure feels as if I've drilled through some cloud cover. Although today was drizzly in the storyline, my world to all intents and purposes was filled with blue skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment