Thursday, September 10, 2009

Divine Protection

Yesterday evening was a very intense time for me. Looking at things from a Phase 1 point of view, I heard some disconcerting news that had negative implications for my financial future.

I dealt with the situation by telling myself the Truth about it, as I understood the Truth from a Phase 2 perspective. That is, the so called problem was an illusion. According to my beliefs, my Expanded Self has popped the situation into my hologram to give me an opportunity to use the tools that will bust me loose from the limitations of Phase 1.

According to the Busting Loose model, everything that shows up in my hologram has been placed there by my Expanded Self. Furthermore, my Expanded Self will never place into my hologram anything that is too much for me to handle. However difficult my so called challenges are, they always will be ones that I have the capacity to deal with.

Interestingly enough, this is similar to a notion that I have heard with respect to Phase 1 teachings as well. There is a saying that God will never give me a cross that is too heavy for me to carry. In thinking about that, I'm reminded of a poem from the Phase 1 world. "Lord" is not a term that I am wont to use these days but, otherwise, I resonate with Mary Stevenson's "Footprints in the Sand."
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment