I have tried a number of different self-development approaches, including visualization. These approaches rely on me to be proactive. They go something like this. I picture something I want.
Let's say, just for example, I want a house. I am encouraged to visualize in as much detail as possible what that house looks like. Perhaps I'm encouraged to draw the house. Perhaps I'm encouraged to cut out photos from magazines and paste them onto a vision board.
Then, having done that, I'm encouraged to hold the vision of that very specific house in my mind. The hypothesis is that, if I visualize effectively enough, the house will be manifested in my life.
I do not believe that. Rather, I believe in the Busting Loose model.
According to the Busting Loose model, there is no effort that I, the Player in the hologram or illusion, can put forth that will create anything. It is my Expanded Self who creates everything that shows up in my life.
In the Phase 1 world, there are many sayings that are True. When we're immersed in the Phase 1 illusion, however, we often miss the Truth in those sayings. One of these sayings that I recall and that I believe to be True is, "Man proposes; God disposes." In the case of that saying, "man" represents to me the Phase 1 Player, and "God" represents the Expanded Self.
Living in the hologram, I (the Player) can run around and do all kinds of stuff. I may think that I achieve results, but in fact all of those results come from my Expanded Self.
For example, I may submit myself to a certain kind of medical treatment, and I may appear to be healed. However, the health practitioners who appeared to treat me and the modalities that they appeared to use did nothing to create the result that I call "feeling better."
It was my Expanded Self who created the result and who used the health practitioners and the treatment modalities to create a storyline that felt plausible to me, the Player. If my Expanded Self had preferred, she could have created the outcome of healing with the snap of a finger, so to speak.
In the example of the house, mentioned above, I know a woman who lives in a beautiful house that overlooks the ocean and that exactly fits the vision she had when she participated in a workshop in which she drew her dream house. She believes that she succeeded in getting the Law of Attraction to work for her. According to my belief system, though, she got the house because her Expanded Self gave it to her, along with a storyline that felt plausible to her.
The Busting Loose model does not involve long term planning. Playing the Phase 2 Game involves living in reactive mode. You get up in the morning, you ask yourself what you want to do, and you do it. You trust your Expanded Self to figure out where your life is going.
There is one qualification that may be helpful to someone who is new to the Busting Loose material. You may be asking yourself about logistics that involve the future. For example, I currently am in discussions with my sons, who live in Calgary, about whether or not they will visit me in Nanaimo over Christmas, which is more than three months away.
According to the Busting Looose model, it is fine to issue or accept invitations to future events and to put into place arrangements that will enable you to participate in those events. However, at the moment that you make the decision whether or not to issue or accept the invitation, you live in reactive mode. You ask yourself whether or not you want to participate in the event, and you issue or respond to the invitation accordingly.
If you agree to participate in a future event and, before the event takes place, you no longer want to participate in it, you contact anyone who may be affected and tell them you have changed your mind. Robert Scheinfeld reports that, since he has been living in reactive mode, the number of occasions on which he has cancelled engagements has been small. He says his experience is that, if he was living in reactive mode when he made the commitment, more often than not he feels like fulfilling the commitment when the time comes.
I must admit that, for me, the notion of reactive mode seemed seriously weird when I first encountered it. Actually, I'm still getting used to it. It is so very different from the proactive approach, which I've believed in for decades.
This blog is an example of my new life in reactive mode. I woke up one morning, and felt it would be fun to create a new blog. I chose a name, created the blog, and typed the first post. The next day, I typed another post. The day after that, I typed yet another post.
I have no idea whether or not I will publish a post tomorrow. If I do publish a post tomorrow, I have no idea what it will be about. I have no idea how long I will maintain this blog. I have no idea in which direction this blog is going and to which other things, if any, it may lead.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment