My entry point to the Busting Loose material was an audio archive of a telephone interview with Robert Scheinfeld that I heard on one of T. Harv Eker's websites. That was in August 2008. At the time, I was trying to escape from a feeling of financial insecurity and powerlessness, and was immersing myself in Eker's book, "The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" and related workshops.
What Robert Scheinfeld said in the interview seemed to me represent a quantum leap that left the Millionaire Mind material in the dust. Robert's message deeply intrigued me. At the earliest opportunity, I bought his book, "Busting Loose from the Money Game." I stayed up late, and read it all in one go.
The book, in turn, fascinated me so much that I ordered the Money Game DVD set and watched it during a marathon weekend. By this time "fascinated" did not even begin to describe how I felt. I joined the Phase 2 Player Community website, and listened to the archives of the audio Discourses that Robert publishes once a month. Those hours and hours of Discourses still did not satisfy my appetite for information about the process for accessing Phase 2 of the Human Game.
Around that time I seized the opportunity to register for Robert's five-day workshop entitled "A Path to True Joy" in Sedona, Arizona in October 2008. There my understanding of the Busting Loose process expanded to some extent, I met some interesting workshop participants, and I delighted in the physical surroundings of Sedona.
Most of all, I enjoyed meeting Robert. He struck me as personable and sincere. I was impressed with how approachable he was. For example, his workshop was small, and he took his meals with us participants. This made it feasible to chat with him one-on-one.
From the amount of time and money I invested in absorbing Robert's teachings, you probably can tell that I resonated very strongly with his philosophy. Nonetheless, I found that embracing Robert's message required a leap of faith that was beyond me at the time. It was as if I was standing at the edge of a canyon and someone was asking me to jump across it. My legs froze, metaphorically speaking. Instead, I did it the slow, arduous way. I climbed down into the bottom of the canyon and up the other side.
Even after the significant level of commitment involved in participating in the "Path to True Joy" workshop, in many ways I continued to live in the Phase 1 illusion, gripped by its limitations, terrors, sorrows and frustrations.
But, somehow or other, I clung onto my faith in the existence of the True Joy state. Even during moments of despair, I implemented the practices that Robert advocated. I felt bound by the Phase 1 limitations, but I implemented the Phase 2 Process anyway.
Over the month of August 2009, a year after I'd first encountered Robert's material, I felt an expanding sense of having reached the opposite edge of the canyon, panting and perspiring so to speak. I do not feel as if I have reached the Busting Loose point as such. However, the bonds of Phase 1 feel as if they have loosened sufficiently that I have an unshakable faith that such as phenomenon as Phase 2 exists.
I now regard myself as a committed Phase 2 Player, even if I have not reached the Busting Loose point.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment